The goal of the ICGFM Foundation Course is to provide students, government officials and their advisors with a solid, comprehensive grounding in Public Financial Management concepts, tools and basic principles.
Who is this course for?
Students of government, employees of government, officials and their advisors.
If you are an individual looking for more information, click here to read more or to request a prospectus.
Why ICGFM Foundation Course?
This course has been developed by the ICGFM and PFM Training Limited from experience over many years of providing public financial management training and conferences in the UK, USA, Europe, Central, Southern and East Asia, Africa, the Pacific, the Caribbean and Latin America and distance learning for students around the world.
The Foundation course is already operational as part of an integrated PFM training programme in some countries and a number of countries are considering this as the basis for future PFM training.
How does the course work?
At it’s the most basic level, students are enrolled online and are guided through a series of workbooks and videos providing an understanding of the subject area. Case studies based on a fictitious country simulate real-world situations with Excel templates to complete and reinforce learning.
How Else Can You Help?
We are able to tailor courses to fit your organisation’s requirements. This might include:-
- Project and training management
- Working with national trainers & training institutions
- Locally developed material
- Additional learning materials
- Virtual classroom
Do students get a certificate?
Every student who passes will be awarded a PFM Foundation Certificate by the ICGFM.
We would be delighted to hear from you to discuss how the ICGFM Foundation course can help your organisation. Simply fill in the form below and we will be in touch very soon.
Core Subject Areas
- Introduction to PFM
- Concept & Application of double-entry accounting in the public sector
- Practical cash & accrual reporting for public sector entities
- Comparison of cash & accrual accounting standards including IMF GFS and IPSAS
- Government budgeting and the basic budget, budget processes, MTEF & budget to actual comparison
- Budget classification & the chart of accounts, COFOG, budget execution, commitment management and vote ledger
Average Study Time: 70 hours
Cost per student (basic): $400 $200
(Special introductory offer)